WRS RDM 2 (Reference Desktop Monitor)
Silver Fox With Stupendous Sound
This striking reference-level desktop or bookshelf speaker is so high-performance that you won’t even need a subwoofer. Decked out with a 5” wide-range bass driver, large enclosure, and AMT, the WRS RDM 2 provides an amazing spectrum of beautiful music for richer sound, astonishing detail, and excellent imaging and soundstage. Superb measured performance is within 48-25,000 Hz +- 3 dB.
But that’s only the beginning of this music lover’s dream. The WRS RDM 2 conceives its vibrant sound from well integrated drivers, a fine tuned enclosure wrapped in natural wool felt for additional dampening, and premium internal wiring.
Though not required for performance, the WRS RDM 2 pairs well with WRS Woof 3 active or WRS Woof 6 passive subwoofer for optimum deep bass and full frequency response; we also recommend Sonneteer Alabaster or Calyx CTI integrated amplifier.
Price per pair
- Stylish, understated aesthetic that belies its big sound
- 5” high-performance, wide-range bass driver provides exceptional midrange for ultimate listening experience
- Air Motion Tweeter for detail, clarity and transparency
- 6 elements crossover network with high-grade components and point-to-point wiring (crossover measured and optimized by industry guru Jeff Bagby)
- Satin lacquer finish
- Wrapped in Silver Gray or Graphite 100% wool felt; a naturally durable, moisture and stain resistant material
- Solid wood base decouples speakers from surfaces to reduce the bass energy transfer and achieve ideal listening height
- Ported enclosure for deeper bass
- High-quality, gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Break in time: 100 hours
- Power handling: 45 watts RMS, 90 watts max
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Frequency range: 48-25,000 Hz +- 3 dB
- Crossover frequency: 4,000 Hz
- SPL: 85 dB 1W/1m
- Dimensions: 11 1/2" (14" with base) H x 6" W x 12" D
- Weight: 30 lbs